The year may be half over, but it’s not too late to increase your commitment to the strategy of influencer marketing. The practice of partnering with social media creators is more than a marketing trend—it’s a proven method of speaking to audiences who are already interested in what you have to offer.
Working with influencers—the right influencers—can create a level of authenticity and audience reach unmatched by traditional marketing efforts alone. If you’re still trying to determine how much to invest in social media creator work this new year, we’ve compiled a cross-section of the most compelling influencer marketing stats together in one place to help you make the call.
- Brands earn an average of $7.65 EMV per $1 spent on influencer marketing. (Source)
- 51 percent of marketers report acquiring a better quality of customer through influencer marketing. (Source)
- 80 percent of Gen Zers and 74 percent of millennials reporting that social media influences their shopping habits. (Source)
- Google searches for “influencer marketing” have increased 325 percent in the last 12 months. (Source)
- 28 percent of marketing managers said that influencer marketing is the fastest-growing customer-acquisition method. (Source)
- 57 percent of marketers have stand-alone budgets for content marketing. (Source)
- Influencer campaigns helped 67 percent of marketing professionals reach targeted audiences. (Source)
- 74 percent of US brands repurpose influencer marketing campaigns on their own social channels. (Source)
- 37 percent of marketers are now dedicating a budget for influencer marketing. (Source)
- 70 percent of marketers agree that creating ongoing ambassadorships is the most effective influencer marketing strategy. (Source)
- 82 percent of brands expect to spend more on video influencer content in 2017. (Source)
- “Metrics” was named the top pain point for influencer marketing by brands. (Source)
- 41 percent of marketers say they have seen more success in influencer campaigns than in more traditional advertising efforts. (Source)
- 71 percent of influencers believe that an honest and authentic voice keeps their audience engaged. (Source)
- 56 percent of marketers are concerned about influencer marketing because it’s a new/unproven channel to them. (Source)
- Facebook was named the most important platform for influence marketers. (Source)
When you’re ready to pick the right influencer, not just any creator will do—make sure it’s your brand’s soulmate to ensure you get authentic content and a long-term source of influence.