Influencer Orchestration Network

Influencer Impact Increased By 57 Percent In 2020

Influencer Impact Increased By 57 Percent In 2020

In a survey of over 5,000 influencers, Klear found that the global reach of influencer marketing increased by 57 percent in 2020 compared to 2019.

The report, “State of Influencer Marketing Report 2021,” rounds up influencer lessons gleaned from this year, plus influencers’ 2021 predictions.

First, Klear found that in 2020, sponsored posts saw an average of 7,806 impressions, whereas in 2019, sponsored posts averaged 4,827 impressions—a 57 percent increase.

From its analysis of Fortune 100 companies’ social profiles, Klear observed that 80 percent of brands made a statement supporting the Black Lives Matter movement, while the other 20 percent kept quiet.

Having received 2.6 billion global installs to date, TikTok was a popular destination for creator partnerships. After analyzing all posts on TikTok with the hashtag #ad in 2020, Klear found that per one sponsorship TikTok creators participated in 2019, they created 2.3 sponsorships in 2020, representing a 130 percent increase.

There was also a sharp increase in the number of sponsored Instagram Stories. This year, influencers created 38.1 sponsored Stories a week, whereas in 2019 they created 28.8—a 32 percent rise.

Gen Z created more #ad content this year too, likely the result of TikTok’s explosive growth. Klear identified a nine percent increase in the cohort’s market share. When broken down, that means in 2019, influencers aged 18-24 comprised 31 percent of the influence industry; in 2020, they comprised 34 percent.

Not only are Gen Z the most in-demand influencer, they’re also the most expensive. According to Klear, Gen Z’s average rate is $245 for Stories, $520 for a post and $807 for a video. 

Nevertheless, Klear noticed a 19 percent decline in the usage of #ad this year. In 2020, there were 2.4 million sponsored posts, while last year there were 3 million.

The industries that engaged the most in influencer collaborations this year were fashion, fitness, photography, lifestyle, beauty, travel, parenting, food, DIY and art, and design.

When asked how she thinks influencer marketing will shift in the new year, fashion and lifestyle influencer @monalogue told Klear: “Brand relationships seem to be moving more towards ongoing ambassadorships and multiple posts, and brands are having a direct relationship with influencers even when working on campaigns through an agency.”

If you’re interested in seeing how your social campaigns stack up, developed the Social Index tool with the goal of becoming the industry standard for measuring earned media value (EMV) and campaign ROI. 

Social Index 2.0 leverages a combination of expert analysis, machine learning algorithms and vast amounts of proprietary and public data. The index helps brands and agencies take engagement and earned media ROI measurement to the next level.

For more information: